25.9.04

Ahhhh, those long weekends...

This weekend is full of open air free concerts and stuff in Barcelona and I usually go to many of these activities. Yet this time Hugo didn't feel like going to the concerts on Thursday night :( nor did we go to anything Merce-related yesterday. I really do want to go to Rambla del Raval this afternoon, hope we get there...
Instead, we went to the cinema to watch Shrek 2, as there was no school yesterday. It was so funny at times, the reference-within-reference and hat tricks it had... I loved the baddies' tavern, where the piano man was Captain Hook and the voice/song he was singing was Tom Waits!!!!!!!!
Then, back to the beach again, as now Hugo is loving the nudist beach -with my Harry Potter reading sessions ;) -the bad part of this is, as he's hooked on HP now, but on me reading it out loud to him, I have less time to immerse myself in London in the 70s, with Ian Dury's biography -which I am enjoying soooooo much!!!
And still we have today and tomorrow left... Am having a really good chance to get through to Hugo these days, with me not working and spending so much time together, sharing swims in the sea, playing together on the swings, sharing books, talking things over and over...

3 comentarios:

Okok dijo...

Well, we *did* get to some of the Mercé acts. And as usual, bumped into people we know: Mami was performing as part of the street acts, Angel had come for a few days, and is coming to stay soon after a year in another town due to work requirements... I also saw Ivan the night before, while pasing by a street party and hadn't realized the guy hopping to the rythm with a leg in plaster was him until he grinned up at me and said 'Ooshe, sho te conoooosco' Man, the fun we'd had in the late eighties and early nineties -Mary-Anne, you might even had met him, Karma regular, from Chile, a mad dancer ;) -His daughter is now 18 and a squatter, I remember her in her pretty dresses and pigtails!!!!!!!!!!
Too late out from our flat to catch the kids' stuff this morning, are focusing on the afternoon/evening acts.

Poliwhirl dijo...

Hmmmm, nice memories of Karma...

Poliwhirl dijo...

Molan los comentarios de Hugo...